At First Option Bank, we pride ourselves on offering "Banking at Its Best." Please feel free to contact us for further assistance if you don't see what you need here.
- Locations & Hours
- Reorder Checks
- FDIC Insurance
First Option Bank Trust Services
Trusteed Foundation Guidelines and Application
Revised April 2015
- The requesting organization must qualify for tax exempt status under Section 501(C)3 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, for such purposes as constitutes public charitable purposes.
- The requesting organization’s structure and management, including establishing of objectives, budget and board of directors and staff responsibilities.
- Possible duplication of government or private sector efforts
- Whether, and how, the success or failure of the program can be effectively measured
- The programs’ impact on the community
Because we cannot fund every worthwhile endeavor, we direct our resources to those areas (focused mainly in Miami County, Kansas) where we feel the most critical needs exist and where our support can have the greatest impact. In general, the Foundation does NOT consider funding the following:
- Organizations and causes outside the Kansas City area and the eastern half of Kansas
- Organizations and programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office
- Agencies which are operating as chapters of a state or national organization
- Sectarian or religious organizations whose services are limited to members of any one religious group
- Tickets or tables for benefit purposes
- Advertising for benefit purposes
- Loans or investments
It is the responsibility of the grant recipient to ensure that the grant is used for the purposes indicated in the grant request. In certain cases, the recipient may be asked to sign a statement to this effect. If for any reason the grant is used for other than the stated purpose, the Foundation reserves the right to withdraw funding.
How to Apply
- Complete all fields on the application form
- Print the completed application
- Attach supporting documentation as indicated
- Submit a copy of the application packet to First Option Bank Trust Services by the designated deadline.
- Following receipt of a proposal, final decision can be given within a period of twelve weeks, at which time the requesting organization will be sent written notification of the status of the request.
- Multiple requests in a single calendar year from one organization are discouraged.
- Click here for application form.
The rejection of a proposal should not be construed as a negative reaction to a particular organization or project, but rather as a selective choice on the part of the trustees to use limited resources in an alternative fashion.
All inquiries regarding the foundations should be directed to:
First Option Bank Trust Services
Attn: Kathy Lovig, Senior Trust Officer
P O Box B, 702 Baptiste Dr
Paola KS 66071
All foundations meet annually in March. Requests must be received before March 1 each year to be considered. The Baehr Foundation considers requests twice each year. Any requests received after March 1 and before September 1 will be considered in the Baehr Foundation September meeting. Applying organizations should confirm meeting dates prior to submitting requests.